For Children in Grades 3-5
Do your kids need a break from sitting in front of a screen this fall? Join us for this 5-week session designed to get kids outside, moving, and having fun in a safe way.
Students will enjoy hands-on activities in a safe manner led by our experienced naturalists. We will have a different theme for each week - but will also be open to whatever seasonal opportunities nature might have for us.
Available as a 5-week session only. Weekly on Wednesdays - October 7 - November 4. Rain dates will be - November 11 and 18. No discounts for partial attendance.
More information on what to bring and wear can be found here soon and will be emailed to participants.
Adults can work while the kids play - Wisner Hall will be made available by reservation only for adults to use for work while their children attend the Wild Wednesday program. Free WiFi is available. Anyone entering Wisner Hall must wear a mask and sign in.
Location: Kings Landing Park
Fee per child:
Society members pay $25 per child.
Nonmembers pay $40 per child.
Please register before October 4
Each child must be registered separately.
Location: Kings Landing Park, drop off and pick up at Wisner Hall
Naturalist in charge: Tania Gale
COVID safety measures:
- All participants and staff will be asked to wear masks during the program
- We will have temperature checks at check-in. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 F will not be able to participate
- The group will be limited to 8 children; it will be the same 8 children each week and the same staff members
- We will be social distancing as much as possible during our adventures
- This will be an all-outside program
- Activities will be planned so that there is no need for shared supplies
COVID Policies and Procedures
The Calvert Nature Society has developed policies and procedures for public program operations based on state and CDC guidelines.
These policies are effective from June 5 until otherwise rescinded:
- All participants over the age of 2 (including parents) must wear a mask when social distancing is not possible. Participants must provide their own masks.
- Please consider the safety, health, and well-being of all participants in our programs and stay home if the participant is ill. Full refunds will be given for cancellations due to health concerns.
- Prior to participation in any Society sponsored program, we will ask each individual, to if under 18 a parent, to complete a participant waiver.
Please download and complete the waiver prior to the program. You may complete it online during registration or print and email to CypressSwamp@CalvertCountyMD.gov, or bring to the program. The waiver only needs to be completed once per year.
Please read our full policy statement and waiver.